Tuesday 30 August 2016

Summer paddling - almost

I hit the river yesterday afternoon to paddle with my friend, Sylvia, from the clubhouse. Warm afternoon, not a breeze. I haven't paddled much upstream and so our plan was to paddle to the next cluster of islands.

I usually paddle my Epic v7 surfski but for this I paddled Sylvia's nice-and-stable K1, a Blade 3. Very stable indeed!

The furthest section was new to me and I haven't been around the back of the other islands since early May.

Nice. Very nice.

Spring is in the air and in the tiny buds on the trees. Within the next two week the weeping willows will be dressed in fresh green leaves and the riverside will again look lush. It's an exciting time of year.

This is how still and lovely it was around the back of the islands.





No comments: