Tuesday 27 September 2016

100th Parys parkrun on Saturday

On Saturday, our Parys parkrun celebrates their 100th parkrun. It will be a festive affair and we hope to have over 100 parkrunners. We've only had over 100 runners four times since this parkrun began two years ago. parkrunners have been roped in to bake cupcakes, which we have no doubt the participants will enjoy.



I'm one of the Run Directors here (we are fortunate to have five of us sharing the weekly role) and I share with Event Director role with a friend, Karen.

Over the past year we've seen nice growth in the number of local participants and often have visitors from other parts of the country (and world!).

If you're keen for an outing on Saturday, come to our 100th parkrun. I'm Run Director for the day. And then hang around town to enjoy the monthly Saturday market, Hartelus, which is just down river from the parkrun start. There are awesome products in the stalls as well as good food, craft beer and picnic blankets under trees along the river bank. Just lovely!

As for my own parkrun tally... I'm struggling to reach 50 as I have volunteered more often this year that I have run! I should be nearing 40 parkruns soon.

No comments: