Thursday 26 January 2017

Adventure activity and travel writing

I've recently been doing some writing for an old adventure racing friend at Dirty Boots, an outstanding adventure activity guide that has been around for more than a decade. It comes out as an annual print DL-book and over the years their website content has developed substantially to give people the option of a print or online reference.

Johan gave me a call last week to see whether I'd be available to do some writing for them as their writer has immigrated. Dirty Boots content is generally shorter pieces related to activities, operators and locations and for I'm writing content for their website. I look forward to copy editing and writing content for the 2018 edition of the book later this year.

Johan's first company and website, started some 23-years ago - long before Dirty Boots, was African Travel Gateway, which is managed by Howard. Johan connected me with Howard to write content for this website too and this morning I submitted my first piece, a 1300-word article on 'The best time to visit the Kruger National Park'.

I enjoyed putting this together as it meant time spent online researching different aspects of the park. I haven't been to Kruger in many, many years so I enjoyed reading up on the regions, animals, birds and flora.

If you're thinking about heading to Kruger, read my article on the African Travel Gateway blog.


No comments: