Monday 20 February 2017

Marshalling and sweeping

On Saturday, my friend Karen was the route planner for the Vaal trail run at The Dell, a lovely location on the Parys side of the Vaal River. They have a 7km and a 14km course. I went out there with her a few weeks ago to check the route and we were out there again on Thursday to tag the route. Celliers came with me on Saturday to be a marshal and sweeper on the route. In addition to this, I got to play photo-photo and enjoyed taking photographs of the runners before I headed out to collect the route markings.

There is so much game to be seen out here - blue wildebeest, black wildebeest, blesbok, nyala, kudu, zebra, springbok and two giraffe. We've only ever seen the male giraffe - he hangs out with the cattle.

My photos should go up online soon. Here's a fun collage of a few of them.


No comments: