Wednesday 21 August 2019

First Aid Level 1 up-to-date

My first aid certificate expired about a year ago and, as I am often responsible for people outdoors, I have needed to get my certification up-to-date. The last course I did was with Pulse Point and so I turned to them again. They offer regular courses at a variety of venues in Gauteng.

This time around, they were offering a blended course with the theory component online (approx 10hrs) and then only one half-day with them to practice CPR and scenarios.

I thoroughly enjoyed the online content, which was well presented and it used images and videos effectively. There were questions to answer at the end of each section. In class, we practiced CPR on the dummies and various scenarios with each other. We were assessed on a theory paper, doing CPR and how we dealt with a scenario.

All-in-all it was a good experience and I can highly recommend doing your next first aid course this way, especially if you have done first aid courses multiple times over the years.

I am in-line to do a Wilderness First Aid Level 3 in November-ish, which I'm looking forward to. I haven't done a Level 3 since the early 2000s!

No comments: