Tuesday 7 December 2021

Cat got your tongue?

My driver's licence card is up for renewal. I received an email from the traffic department reminding me of this and a page that outlined what I needed to take with me, by when the renewal had to be done and such.

Of course, when I arrived at the licencing department, I needed items in addition to what the form had specified.

I left to get these and returned to stand in the queue again. 

I wasn't standing there for more than 10 minutes when, thankfully, a lady from the traffic department came outside and said that the ladies ahead of me were the last customers for today that would be attended to. 

I couldn't help but ask of the young women, "Did you know about this?". They looked at me like a deer in headlights. Blinking. A guy standing behind the ladies (he wasn't with them) said they did know but maybe it was going to change.

"Why didn't you say anything?" I asked. They were mute. I left. 

You know when you go to the supermarket and the check-out lady says that you are the last? Well, if someone comes up behind me, I tell them so that they can go to another till. 

This is an example of a small act of kindness that costs a person nothing more than a few words. 

Don't let the cat get your tongue. 

No comments: