Saturday 2 April 2022

46 Days of...

 My annual pre-birthday challenge is fast approaching. As it will be my 46th birthday, the challenge has to start 46 days before my birthday. This makes Day 1 on 4 May 2022. 

This challenge has always been about running. Back when I started this, for my 35th birthday, my running had not been as consistent with only 2-3 sessions a week compared to the 5-7 that had been my norm. This challenge, that saw me doing at least 4 or 5km a day, served to remind me how easy it really can be to get out for 30 minutes. 

This served me well for a few years and each year this challenge got me back on the straight and narrow, refocusing my attention on the importance of me.

Since I've had Rusty - 5 years now, getting out hasn't been an issue because I get such joy from taking her out and being out with her. Rosy has been in my life for 2.5 years now, living with me for just over a year, and she has added to this. Getting out is never a problem when pairs of brown eyes stare into your soul to ask you to take them out on the trails.

Last year's challenge didn't feel like a challenge and so I need to change things around a bit.

This year it will be

46 Days of YOGA

I love yoga, especially ashtanga and vinyasa flows. There have been periods of my life that have included regular yoga sessions and I've always found that it serves me well. I just haven't been good at making time and space for yoga for way too long. I miss it and need it.

There are excellent classes available online and there is a teacher, Lesley Fightmaster, whose videos I discovered a few years ago, that I really enjoy. 

So, this will be a fitting challenge because it is something I have not been doing and really should be doing. The challenge will force me to commit. I'll aim for at least 30 minutes per day for the 46 days in the lead up to - and on - my birthday.


No comments: