Thursday 30 June 2022

Real vs Google Earth

 I flew to Cape Town on Tuesday morning, back Wednesday morning, to visit two old and special friends who came out from the UK for work and to see their family in CT. We haven't seen each other in person for at least eight years and so a number of weeks back we booked the day.

I always book a window seat and had the fortune of clear skies all the way to Cape Town. 

I enjoy looking down at the patterns that the farms, hills and rivers make, always on the look out for interesting features.

I developed a new 'game' last year where I take a few photos and then locate them on Google Earth later. The challenge is in getting the right elevation, orientation and tilt to get the best Google Earth vs reality comparison.

This is what I got:

Breede River flowing towards the sea at Witsand.


Goukou River flowing to the sea ta Stilbaai


Flying into Cape Town - above Gordon's Bay. Upper Steenbras Dam.

No comments: