Sunday 21 May 2023

13 Rules for Being Human

 I love Reels on Facebook / Instagram. Oh yes, they're often totally mindless and a complete waste of time, but I like them. They're distracting and absorbing. For as much junk that I've watched, I have also gained. I've learned some cool woodworking tricks, I've discovered cooking and baking recipes, ideas and techniques and I thoroughly enjoy the biokinetic / functional movement / range of motion clips. How to make mini fried eggs and getting avo out of the skin without resorting to peeling back the skin (which I've always done) are some of the recent gems that I now use regularly.

This one came up a day or two ago. "13 Rules for Being Human" 

The guy who eloquently delivered the rules said they come from "ancient Indian scriptures" that have been passed down. They're also in business books, adopted by motivational coaches and written up on shareable images on the internet in any number of rules from nine to 13... Wherever they have come from, they're pretty decent. The Reel came at a good time for me to listen and consider each one.

13 Rules for Being Human

One: You will receive a body

Two: You will learn lessons

Three: There are no mistakes, only lessons

Four: A lesson will be repeated until it is learned by you.

Five: Learning lessons does not end.

Six: "There" is no better than "here".

Seven: Others are merely mirrors of you.

Eight: What you make of your life is up to you.

Nine: Life is exactly what you think it is.

Ten: All the answers that you seek lie within you.

Eleven: You are whole. You are enough.

Twelve: You will forget all of this.

Thirteen: You can remember this whenever you want.



No comments: