Sunday 7 June 2009

Circuit running in August

I've just submitted my entry form for the Dawn 2 Dusk 12hr Circuit Race. The event happens on Saturday, 22 August in Pretoria. This is the first major event that I've entered since mid-March's Midnight Hell Run, so I'm really excited to have this goal to work towards.

I've only ever done one circuit race before - in April 2006. It was a 12hr event in Randburg - we ran through the night from 19h00 to 07h00. I logged 98km to finish 3rd overall and as 1st lady. Oh yes, I do hope to get over 100km this time. And like the Randburg race, this one is also a 1km loop.

So, there we have it - a super fun goal. And when I told Ray, in Cape Town, about the race this evening, he got hell-fire inspired and has just submitted his entry form too. Now we wait until 15 July to see whether our entries are successful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's right, I'll be there with a teddy on my back & wings on my feet [yes, my nickname is Achilles] & giving it my all. Looking forward to joining you there Lisa...