Friday 25 October 2013

Navigation Coaching

Back in September I wrapped up my British Orienteering Federation Level 2 coaching certification. This has been a qualification that began in October last year and had a series of tasks, including a series of practical coaching sessions.

Throughout the year I received requests from people for navigation coaching. Some of these I'm able to fulfill with group coaching sessions, which I've been doing for more than 10 years now. This year I totally revamped my coaching sessions and I'm chuffed with the outcome - and so were the students. As I've heard from many of them since the course, at least I know they're not lost...

Having been away in June and July and then wrapped up with the English course since, I haven't been able to attend to any of the navigation coaching requests that I've received over the past couple of months. As many people are unable to make scheduled courses or coaching sessions, I'm going to give it a try doing personal navigation coaching sessions. The benefit is that I can focus on specific problems that they've experienced.

I've popped some scheduled coaching session dates up on www.AR.co.za. We (AR Club) have a number planned for early next year too. If you're up for personal sessions (one-on-one or with a friend or teammate), drop me a note.


No comments: