Thursday 28 November 2013

Being foxy

As part of my initiative to broaden my horizons by attending different types of talks, I ended up tonight at the annual John Orr Lecture presented by the South African Institution of Mechanical Engineering at Wits. The lecture was given by global strategist and scenario planner Clem Sunter.



I've heard Clem often on the radio and I've read bits and pieces that he has written - I always enjoy hearing what he has to say. He's a superb speaker and I was spellbound. I don't even know how long his talk was - it was that good. I could have listened to him for another hour! Clem is speaking again at Wits on 22 May 2014 - details not yet available.

He passed on an incredible load of information and thoughts and concepts and scenarios - the fundamentals of which can be found in his books. I haven't read them but I'll definitely tuck into his 'fox' books.

I need to do a bit of scenario planning myself and having been to Clem's talk tonight I feel like my mind is moving into a better space to conceptualise and plan for next year (and the next and next).

No comments: