Tuesday 1 July 2014

Back on the road

Phew - that knee bash of a week ago was scary. I took the ultra-conservative option to not run for a week just incase it was more of a straight-up bash to the bone.

My first run outing was on Friday night and all was well. Not a tingle nor a twinge. Still, I played it safe and didn't run the next day or the next. Yesterday I headed out for a run and had a blitzing one!

Knee is feeling fine despite the patella - where I whacked it - still feeling sensitive (not sore) to the touch more after the run. I'll run again this afternoon (first consecutive run since the bash). I think I'm on the home straight.

While running yesterday, I was thinking about how good I was feeling. The rest has certainly done me more good than anything else. As well as resting the injured knee, it also rested my legs and body. Aside from a walk with my mom last week, I've done mostly no exercise for a week. It's been frustrating, but beneficial at the same time.

Silver lining indeed.

2 comments:

Staci said...

Glad you are back on the run.

Staci said...

Glad you are back on the run.