Thursday 17 December 2015

parkrun RD fun

This past Saturday I had the pleasure of being the Run Director for the Parys parkrun for the first time. I fortunately had great support from friends, family and regulars who volunteered: my mom, Liz, and our friend Marianne doing timekeeping, Celliers taking photos, Ferdi (regular participant) handing out finish tokens, Isaac (regular volunteer) on barcode scanning and Vincent (regular volunteer) marshalling at the turn-around point.

Me.

Isaac

Liz & Marianne

Vincent
Our turnout was a bit smaller than usual with only 44 participants, probably due to the rain the night before. What the rain did do was to bring down the temperature making it one of the most pleasant mornings in a long time.


Everything went smoothly and I even got the results out without any glitches.

We've got baby joggers, a good number of children running on their own, old folks and lots of walkers who head out to enjoy the route and morning with us.
You can see more photos - showing how pretty our parkrun is - on the Parys parkrun Facebook page.

This Saturday I'll be running and then I'm RD again on 26 Dec.

No comments: