Saturday 25 April 2020

Liz, the AR Gaiters elf

This is my mom, Liz aka The AR Gaiters elf.

Liz wearing a pair of AR Hiking Gaiters over her hiking boots.
I started making my own mini gaiters back in 2003 and here and there I would make a pair for friends.

After the AR Mini Gaiters came the AR Desert Gaiters (a few different versions tested at events in the Liwa Desert of Abu Dhabi and the sands of Namibia). My mom jumped in to help me sew for teams. I then needed to replace my orienteering gaiters and I had design improvements to make on those I had bought overseas... Thus the AR Adventure Gaiters. By the early 2010s, Liz was doing all of the sewing and she later took over handling orders and enquiries.

I just help with media stuff - my mom really is everything behind AR Gaiters, including the AR Hiking Gaiter, which she created because she often wears hiking boots and she had requests from friends.

With coronavirus lockdown, events may be cancelled or postponed for months to come but your opportunities to get outside and to go walking, running and hiking are still there (once activity restrictions are lifted).

Let the bright fabrics of our AR Gaiters not only lift your mood, but protect your socks from seeds, and do their work in preventing grit and trail debris from getting into your shoes. Once you've worn a pair of AR Gaiters you'll wonder why it took you so long to adopt something so fundamental to improve your outdoors experience.

Love your feet like I love my mom.

(Visit AR Gaiters on Facebook xxx)

No comments: