Monday 6 June 2011

20 days done, 15 to go

I've completed 20 consecutive days of running - only 15 to go. And of these 20 days, Saturday (D19) was the most difficult.

I was out on Friday night and Saturday morning I went to yoga. From yoga, I zooted home, fetched my mom and then her friend and we all went through to an 'International Day' thing at the residence of the Japanese Ambassador in Pretoria. Even on the drive home I was feeling way tired and had an evening gig to go to. I so did not feel like running.

As soon as I got home, I leapt into bed for a 30-minute power nap. I woke up from a deep sleep, lying in exactly the same position as when I'd closed my eyes half and hour earlier. In minutes I had my running kit on and was out of the door for a 30-minute run. Home, shower, out for dins and theatre, sleep, orienteering on Sunday morning, home, lunch, out for acroyoga, home. A really busy weekend.

I really found it hard to go out for that run on Saturday afternoon but once I was out, it turned into a nice run - as it always does.

I have a number of recruits doing my Seven Day Challenge. George has been blogging about his days. Fred is on target - today will be his D6. After yoga on Thursday evening he still needed to get in his run for the day. So, he headed out for his run at 20h30 - in zero degree temperature! Challenges realyl work to get your butt out there.

Jon, in Cape Town, unknowingly started the Challenge on 1 June, before reading my post. He'd already decided to get a grip on his training, which coincided beautifully with my Challenge. He says, "So, without even knowing it I started your seven day programme J and I’m going to continue, but I’m going to extend it a bit – even past the 18th, your birthday, and past the 20th, the last day of your 35 day programme, and I’m going to continue for the entire month of June – just for the hell of it, and to have a goal". Go Jon, go!

If you missed the boat on 1 June, no worry. Start today. Seven days. Why not?

No comments: