Monday 4 March 2013

Forest Run is almost here!

After eight years of thinking about it and six months of planning and organising it, Forest Run is almost here. In fact, I'm off in the morning to tag the route (will take me three days, I estimate). The race is on Saturday.

I'm really looking forward to my days out in the forests with nothing more to do that make sure the markers are out for the 62-kilometre length of the course. A relief after the rush-rush-rush I've had since the year started.

I woke up this morning with butterflies in my belly and they'll no doubt get more vigorous as the race gets closer.

I have a super team of friendly helpers to assist on race day so I have little doubt that things will go smoothly. Looks too like the weather will be in our favour with nice and mild conditions.

Trees, green, open spaces, pine scent and running... just perfect ;)

No comments: