Thursday 29 September 2022

Time wobble

A guy emailed me about a rudder kit for his kayak. I replied to say that I had kits, I'd need to check on the right one for him and that if I didn't have it, I would make it up for him over the weekend.

I went to the storage garage this afternoon to fetch stuff for the courier and while I was there I checked on the rudder kits. I had the right one. I packed it to bring home so that I can box it for sending.

I've just sent him an email with an invoice.

On my order list, I make a note of the date I receive orders as well as what, invoice number, amount, payment date, when sent and how sent. It gives me a quick view so that I can see what I'm missing and who I need to chase. I don't usually refer to date orders are received but if I need to cross-check on how long it takes to get something out to customers, then it is useful.

So, I'm updating my list tonight and I see that I replied to him on 29/9. 

That's today.

He sent his email to me last night.

I thought that he emailed and I responded a few days ago. That's a time wobble.

Oh well, he will be delighted to be sorted out the same day.

No comments: