Friday 10 November 2023

Seychelles Day 3: Copolia Trail

After yesterday, a 'tame' trail. The Copolia Trail. Essentially 2km total on an out-and-back route. Popular with visitors for its accessibility, short distance and great view. 

The trail is clear and well maintained. This not an easy trail as it goes mostly straight up. I'm sure many who start it don't make it all the way up (I saw two of these out of the few fellow walkers that I encountered - I doubt they made it). 
The forest is beautiful, the tall trees tower, the boulders are moss covered and the view from the top is what it is all about. 

I loved being on top of an expanse of granite rock. I was stoked to see a pitcher plant. There are various places where they grow, favouring altitude.

I followed this outing with a scoop of ice-cream at a spot in Beau Vallon.

Tomorrow is my cousin's paddle challenge Team No Limit - to paddle around the island of Mahe (the main island).

No comments: