Thursday 3 March 2011

Here's a howler

So, tonight I'm chatting to my AR buddy on Skype. He lives in KZN so we type-chat regularly - shooting the breeze, bouncing ideas... He also does yoga.

Our conversation meanders from the awesomeness of our respective classes and I remember a damn funny video clip that my mom got on email some time this week. It had me howling with laughter so goodly that I had tears streaming down my face. Sharing is caring. I find it on YouTube and send him the link. YouTube will probably ask you to sign in 'cos it thinks the content is inappropriate and you've got to be over 18. Namby-pambies. It's really not inappropriate, especially when you consider so much of the other stuff on the 'Tube. There's a half-covered bare bottom.

He watches the vid and sends back, "I am in tears".

I reply, "When he realises... that retching from the core...".

So then we start telling related-tales from AR and other races. I was first.

My teammie wasn't feeling great. We were on about 7h30 out of 8.


He'd been drinking liquid, had two myprodol, a couple of fizzers...

So, we're walking up a steep hill. On way to last control before heading home. Only about 2km to go.

He's really not feeling well.

We turn the corner and up steep dirt road and he says he's really feeling likehe's going to chuck. I say, go for it. He turns to the side and projectiles.

I was fine for the first heave but the next one, which came straight from the depths of his insides, had me howling with laughter

The poor dude was in agony and I couldn't stop laughing.

[Friend] fine teammate you are

Anyway, he gets done with that and I offer him a tissue

He takes it and is about to say something and starts again.

Well, I could barely walk!
[Friend]: thats just rude


Better than vomiting too ;)

He felt much better after that purge.
My friend's turn.

Eden Challenge


2005?

anyway

we have stopped for a little rest alongside a crystal clear stream

Teammate has chaffe on his back and asks for cream

The best I have is antihistamine cream, which I duly offer

[Lisa]: this has gotta end badly

In the meantime a bunch of cows have meandered up to the stream and are drinking

so

I rub antihistamine into his blistered back

holy cow - the guys starts bellowing

He's lying in the stream on his back infront of these cows

Every time he bellows they do too

The rest of the team can't walk

[Lisa]: This is helluva funny. Tears.

He was very offended. I don't think he's ever forgiven me

I'm crying now just remembering

Shoooeee

I eventually managed to get enough energy up to wipe the cream off


but he complained for the rest of the day

So, antihistamine and chaffe

BAD combo
Happy Friday everyone ;)

No comments: