Wednesday 19 November 2014

The price of admission

I attended a really great workshop tonight, which I'll tell you about in a day or two when I get a chance to type. While there, I had a flash to remember to share a video with you. I'm not sure why I didn't think of it until now... anyhoo...

Little over two months ago I came across this post on the Brain Pickings website. It features a video of journo / author / media guy / LGBT activist Dan Savage speaking about "The Price of Admission".

In short, it's about compromise or deal-breakers in relationships; and it totally applies whether the relationship is with a partner, family member, friend or colleague/client/customer.

I like how he speaks (I've watched a bunch of videos subsequently). I appreciate this message.

Time and time again this theme of 'price of admission' has cropped up in the weeks since I watched this video and I've shared it with friends as they've gone through situations where 'the price of admission' applies.

This video has a way of tweaking the mind and thought process just that little bit. Sometimes you know stuff but it helps to be reminded and re-enlightened.

No comments: