Gerrie just sent through an email highlighting some of the questions that he's been asked recently.
While I recognise the theme of some, I've never been blessed to receive some of these other gems. I think I'm going to start a 'pre-event questions collection' too.
Here are ones that Gerrie has received:
- How much time do I have to complete the 12 hour circuit race?
- I see on the pamphlet that entries closed on 30 June. Is it too late to enter? (they asked this on 17 August)
- The instructions you send me indicates that you have to complete four races with the SAME partner to receive a permanent number. Is it true?
- If I only run "a 10 km" do I get a medal? (the race info states clearly that you have to do 80km to get a medal)
- We want to enter four people as a team of two. Is that OK?
- Your letter states we can pitch a gazebo, tent or caravan next to the course. Is it compulsory? If so, what is the penalty if we don’t?
- Do I need to have a partner if I run individually?
- What happens if my Championchip counts incorrectly?
- My partner (my wife) and I are in the process of divorcing. Can I withdraw on 70 km leaving her stranded with not enough time to finish?
"As organiser, I rest my case !!!!" Gerrie adds.
Looking on google for images of 'stupid question' to decorate this post, I found some gems - favourites below:
|This should read "... Have never organised an event"|