Wednesday 20 September 2017

When you feel like you can run forever

It doesn't happen often. Last night I had one of those runs where you feel like you can run forever. The temperature was mild, the air was fresh, I was out with Rusty and I just felt... good.

About two months ago I caught a nasty cough and throaty-chesty thing that just wouldn't go away completely. It didn't make me overtly ill, but I wasn't right either.

It was only a week ago that our whole household got hit with a virus. It started with me at about 21h00 on the Sunday night feeling nauseous and within an hour I'd started vomiting. By 01h00 I was joined by Ruben and then Kyla and then Celliers. The virus has done the rounds in town so it wasn't a food-related illness; just a bad bug.

While Celliers and the kids stayed home on the Monday, I had to be out-and-about to set up for last week's agricultural show. I got in a much-needed one-hour nap in the afternoon and a lie-down later and that was it. Fortunately by Tuesday morning I was mostly recovered.

Last night it felt so good to feel good again. Not every run is like this, but those that are keep us going.

Me and Rusty at parkrun on Saturday morning. She is running so well. The mornings are already quite warm so we took it easy - look at that long tongue. She plopped down in front of the water bowl at the finish (she refuses to drink on the route, despite a dog bowl at the turnaround and a tap towards the finish).

No comments: