Tuesday 24 August 2010

Fighting bugs

I'm fighting some kind of bug. Had a cold going into Swazi Xtreme and a day after the race was down with full-blown flu. Took two weeks to shake coughing and lots of nose blowing and now it feels like I'm battling against something else.

Since the beginning of the month I've been working at a client's offices on a new contract. Lotsa bugs around there at the moment - not great for an immuno-compromised adventure racer.

Yesterday (Monday), driving to work, I felt like a zombie, even after a full night's sleep. Got home late afternoon and had a nap. Then slept from 11pm  to 7.30am. Drove to work feeling really sleepy again. At work I was chatting to the bunch and saying I was feeling helluva sleepy, when I shouldn't be, and that I thought I'd been having night sweats for last couple of nights. The one girl says she's had the same thing - drenched at night and also helluva sleepy this morning.


The bugs we've had in the office in the past week (only 6 or 7 of us there most of the time; another two come and go) include one guy down with meningitis and another guy off work with glandular fever (with full on rash too; he got it from his wife, who also works with us - she had it the previous week).

I ducked early again today, had a nap and now I'm ready to sleep again. No swollen glands or other symptoms, just feeling pooped.

Looks like I'll be paying my doc another visit... And all I wanna do is go running. But, for now it's back to bed for another good sleep.

No comments: