Wednesday 22 December 2010

Blood blog

Over the past month or so I have been encouraging people to donate blood in December. It's a holiday month fraught with car accidents and blood supplies, understandably, dwindle.

18-months ago I made an effort to become a regular donor again, after a few (too many) years where I didn't donate. I have maintained my regular donor status (at least three donations each year) and will continue to do so.

This morning Sarah joined me for her first donation. Our local Bruma SANBS clinic was busy (yay!). Two dudes donated at the same time as us - the one making his second donation and the other, his fourth. I've sent them pics of me, Sarah and the other dudes for their wall ;)

I've also received photos from Darrell (a regular donor for many years) and Garth.

There's loads of space on this blog so make a plan, between now and year-end, to donate. And, remember that your intention should not be once-off but to become a regular donor (this is important because all blood components are used from regular donors).

Darrell had a 'family bleed' on Thursday in Port Elizabeth.
He was accompanied by wife Evie and son Greg.

Me. I think this is my 22nd donation. I'll hit 25 next year ;)

Garth Flores in the Southern Cape.

Sarah joins the blood donor family - her first donation.

No comments: