Sunday 1 May 2011

Happy colours

I'm really enjoying this knitting and crochet adventure that I'm on. This past month I made my very first garment; a wee cardigan for my friend's daughter - her arrival is expected in two weeks.

Over yesterday and this morning, I made this floral headwarmer for my friend. It was her birthday two weeks ago and I have been wanting to make this for her, but couldn't decide on the colour. She has a lovely coral-coloured necklass... yes, this will go nicely. She's also an avid gardner, so I'm sure she'll appreciate the little flowers.

I've been crocheting little square motifs - in a rainbow of colours - for a scarf. It was inspired by a blog post I read about two months ago. It's the colours that just do it for me. I can't get enough! I probably make one or two each day - takes about 40-minutes per motif. I'm getting faster as I become more practised. I've made about 15 motifs... probably another 30 to go...

My one friend is knitting a jersey for her hubby. She messed up the pattern and had to pull out a chunk. Her hubby asks her how long the 30-odd centimetre length of the body took her to knit. About 10 hours, she replied. So, he extrapolated that it could take her well over 100 hours to knit him a jersey. He then said that at her hourly rate time 100 hours... It will be the most expensive item of clothing he'll ever wear. Hahaha. Similarly, my motif scarf would be pricey if costed in this way. But, for the amount of delight I'm getting from the colours, yarn and finishing each little pattern... priceless ;)

No comments: