Sunday 12 August 2012

If I found Aladdin's Lamp...

...or a bottle containing a genie, a wish I'd make is to experience running even just 10 kilometres as fast as the runners I watched during today's Olympic Marathon. The genie doesn't have to make it that I run like that all the time but I'd really like to know what it feels like and to be able to run 10km at a 3:00 pace.

Beautiful. Just so wonderful to watch these runners.

In fact, this also applies to the 5,000 metre and 10,000 metre track runners that I have so enjoyed watching on telly. Truly remarkable and inspiring.


Image of the Gold (centre), Silver (right) and Bronze (left) runners during today's Olympic Marathon. First time in yonks that Uganda has won Marathon gold.

I've got a fun running game that I've played with my club mates in years past - 'Crazy Kay'. I may just revive this in the spirit of these phenomenal runners with better genetic potential, ability and commitment to gut-busting training and racing than I could ever hope to have. And I have a new road stretch in mind for this. Will let you know when I do plan it again.

No comments: