Wednesday 31 October 2012

Did you draw? My tree.

So, there was that whole 'The Big Draw' campaign where people were encouraged to draw something - anything - in the month of October. While away scouting for my ultra two weeks ago I gave it a bash and attempted a tree. I don't know if it is such a smart object to try first off - they're not easy. There was lots of stuff happening in the background so I avoided this and aimed to get just the tree and its rough bark and pine needles in a sketchy-type style. I didn't have a pencil - just a pen and a lined notebook.


Not going to win me any awards but definitely a lesson in sitting still for longer than 10 minutes and focusing on what I'm seeing and trying to interpret this into lines and squiggles.

This is what the tree looked like in reality.


I didn't know how to draw in the water...

So, did you have a shot at drawing something? If you didn't, today is still October...

1 comment:

seanverret said...

I think the real message, is try be creative. Drawing a tree or anything for that matter, will take 99% of us out of our comfort zone and into a space of self-consciousness. However, overcoming that first bit of fear, will actually allow us to open up to brand new possibilities!