Thursday 6 June 2013

Neat running visibility light

A while back when I ran with my buddy Fred, I took a shine to his nifty, light-weight, clip-on, flashing light - perfect for increased visibility when running on the road in the dark.

It has taken me a few weeks to get around to locating my own. I went to the store yesterday where he bought his - no-one knew a thing. Fred sent through the details and I phoned the agents. Ba-ba-ba-boom - I bought my own lights from Drifters today.


They're made by Silva (super-dooper orienteering brand) and the model is called Tyto. They're made for running and cycling.

With a 3cm diametre, they're quite small. There's a clip on the back to clip the unit on to your shirt or jacket. It comes with a velcro strap for bike attachment. They take two CR 2032 batteries each. There's one red light and one white light (they come in pairs). You can have a steady or flashing light.

I like that they're so small and light of weight because then they don't tug at your clothing as you run. The shine is 360 degrees and the lights inside are long-lasting LEDs.

I've been needing a decent running visibility light for a while - I'm delighted with these. Gonna take them for a run tonight.

No comments: