Tuesday 20 January 2015

Oh golly - events and activities in abundance

I've so had my head stuck in an orienteering flag these past two weeks!

Some events I'm involved in whole-heartedly, like my new Checkpoint Challenge Schools League, which I hope will become a super-fabulous schools league template for us and other countries. This has been a big learning curve already and it hasn't even started. I'm still a little involved with the long-running Orienteering Schools League.
Other events I am involved somewhat, like our AR Club Summer Series events (three Wednesday evenings starting next week).


And yet others I have peripheral involvement (PR, design, media, public liaison), like the orienteering Urban Series, which kicks off on Sunday with the first of the 10 events.


With two websites (that's five separate pages that need updating and maintaining), various Mailchimp lists for comms, four-plus FB pages, twitter account and a host of media (website, magz, event listing sites)... I totally see why I feel a bit all over the place!

There are so many really good events happening and the best thing about orienteering events, especially, is that they're family friendly. In this community there's no such thing as too young or too old.

No comments: