Monday 18 September 2017

Sage Small Business Awards with 702 finalist

I am caught up in the most delicious whirlwind of excitement around our YOLO Compost Tumblers.

We are a finalist in the Sage Small Business Awards with 702. Last week Wednesday I was interviewed in the evening on Bongani's show and we have had such a great response from this.



On Thursday their video crew came through to our factory and we moulded a compost tumbler shell there and then to show them the process. They have created a lovely 45-second video showcasing our small business and featuring the guys who work all the magic in the factory - Joseph M., Joseph W., Jeremiah, Abe and Thabiso.


Tomorrow afternoon I'll be in Jo'burg, at 702's studio, for the finals. I have no idea how it works but I am excited nonetheless.

The first prize is a laptop (and I'm sorely in need of a new one!), a year of Sage accounting software and R250,000 in airtime advertising on 702. Oh wow!

There are two second prizes with Sage accounting software and R125,000 in airtime advertising.

I'll be very delsighted with either of these.

That two minutes of interview on the radio can have such an impact on our business... Imagine what an effect a campaign can have!




No comments: