Thursday 9 January 2020

Hello 2020

I like this 'New Year' thing because it gives us a chance to turn our back on all the challenges and bad of the previous year and to look ahead with optimism that things will be different and better.

2019 came with too many challenges, difficulties and stresses for my liking and I'm glad to see the back of it. Of course, there are always highlights and good aspects to every year. Still, I see 2020 as the year that makes the struggles of the past three years worth it. 

2019 hit me with a big knock in December but came right with a river trip on the Orange River over New Year (I'll post about this separately). I didn't make it even close to midnight to see in 2020 (I'm not at all sentimental about this) although I did stare at the starlit Northern Cape sky for a time to see a satellite fly by before climbing into my tent not much after 9pm. And early night and a solid sleep was my way of seeing in the new year. 

For 2020, I am hoping for a year that is not just busy, but productive; one that has a more measured balance of work and play. I look forward to spending time with friends and family who I haven't seen for too long. 

Most of all, I wish for a year that is more kind. Kindness goes a long way to making everything OK. 

I wish you a year ahead in which you achieve your goals, set milestones and that you are bathed in kindness and good health. 

No comments: