Monday 8 May 2023

Family visit from uncle and aunt

I haven't seen my uncle and aunt in person for over 18 months, so it was a treat to have them visiting for a couple of days. They have been living in Margate, moved from JHB, since the beginning of 2022. 

I booked a surprise trip for us on the Outeniqua Powervan. I've been on it twice before; for my mom's birthday in 2021 and then when my friend Karen visited in October last year. We had perfect weather and enjoyed a beautiful trip with a breakfast picnic stop. I kept the trip a secret until we drove up to the Transport Museum.


With my aunt Brenda, uncle Gus (mom's brother) and my mom Liz.

View for miles

Picnic munchies

This little mouse came to see what we were eating.

We also did a nice outing over the mountains to have breakfast in Herold.

A real win was two nights of playing Bananagrams. My uncle and aunt had never played before. They loved it so much that they bought a set to take home to play with their friends. I am the undisputed Bananagrams champion. I had some really winners. Yeee-ha!

I've always loved Scrabble but I think I like Bananagrams more because you are responsible for your own grid, no-one can take your place, speed counts and you don't need to count letter scores.



No comments: