Thursday 4 June 2015

39 Days of Running completed, but ongoing

Yip, that's it. Yesterday I completed my 39 Days of Running pre-birthday game. As you know, it was more of a walking exercise this year with only three weeks of amazing running (I was on fire!) and then almost three weeks of coughing and spluttering.

On Sunday and Monday this week I had the most lovely, easy jog-walk sessions to allow my body to get into the running groove again. I was still coughing a bit but lungs felt clear.

And then...

On Monday night my throat started to feel sore and after being up a couple of times in the night, I was down with a serious sore throat, compete with swollen lymph nodes, by morning.

This time I headed for the doctor.

Fever, temperature, sore skin, painful throat and neck... Now after a full two days of meds and an almost 11-hour sleep last night, I'm on the mend. I've still got another three days of meds and am hoping for full recovery by then.

I started my "39 Days of Running" to finish early, timed to coincide with me leaving for Expedition Africa. Unfortunately I was cancelled from writing for the event and so I won't be going.

The good news is that I can continue with my pre-birthday game until my birthday on 18 June, making up for all the walking this year!

The walking has been fun though. Many of my walks have been done with my mom and walking with her - chatting as we walk - is a treat.

No comments: