Wednesday 30 September 2015

Open Metrogaine in the Sandton CBD for October

Months ago I attended the launch of the EcoMobility World Festival and even though I rarely travel into Sandton, I was captivated by the initiative. Unless you've been living under a rock, you'll know that streets in the Sandton CBD will be closed to vehicles for the month of October - with a ring road that is open to buses and taxis.
Before even walking out of the launch function I knew I'd be creating an open Metrogaine.
It's time to play in the streets again. Streets that are for people, not vehicles.
The area is smaller (800m2) than usual and there is no points allocation (checkpoints are equal). There are 23 checkpoints and you can locate them in any order.
There are two course options:
  1. How many checkpoints can you get in 30 minutes?
  2. How long does it take you to get all checkpoints?
Try it on foot, bicycle, electric bike, segway, skateboard... anything counts.
And post your time, route and mode of transport on the Metrogaine Facebook page. How about a selfie too? 

Download the map and cluesheet, print 'em and enjoy. 

I'd appreciate if you can share this Metrogaine with friends, especially those working in Sandton or living nearby. This makes for a delightful lunch-hour activity. 

DOWNLOAD 


My thanks to Liz for walking the streets of Sandton with me to look for fun locations.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this Lisa - it was a lot of fun!