Thursday 23 September 2010

What do you do at night?

Many people watch tv at night. Some read; some work; others tune into the radio.

By choice, I haven't had a telly for just over two years now. As a result, I tune into the radio most nights, switching between 702 (talk radio) and Jacaranda. I don't always listen to what is on, but it's there.

As for activities... I'm a computa-holic so I'm most often on my computer answering the endless flow of emails, updating websites, writing blogs and articles, crunching through admin and organising people and activities - it never stops! I love dvds, which I watch on my laptop - usually on weekends. Reading is a winner, but I generally read really late at night before sleeping.

Last week Thurs, at 22h00-ish, I started baking a cake to take to a friend's braai the next day. By midnight I was on my hands and knees plotting the size - on my kitchen floor - for a mat that my mom and I painted over the weekend for FEAT. This is the thing with being a night owl - to me, nights are for doing stuff, not switching off (except when I'm camping - then I'm lights out by 20h30!).

While cake baking I started thinking about this blog post topic as I often do things like this late at night. If I had a tv... I would most certainly watch programmes I didn't really want to watch but would be watching regardless.

For me, anything goes at night. What do you do at night?

1 comment:

Ray Chaplin said...

Computerholic too... so mail, web updates / development, learning, research, mapping. TV? What's that?!