Friday 18 March 2011

This race thing

I do love racing; the vibe, friends, new locations, fun activities and all things nice and exciting. This year I have really struggled with motivation to go to races. Last year, especially the last seven months, exhausted me with an abundance of activities, admin and organising this and that. After Abu Dhabi there was no respite with FEAT in Feb - and I am alread working on the next. As a result, I just do not feel like organising myself or other people if I do not have to.


The only races I have done this year are Kinetic sprint and their nite run. I have had a good number of running dates with friends.

I gave Double Moon a skip this past weekend - and it looked fabulous. It is Wartrail this weekend - I loved it lart year. Expedition Africa comes up in seven weeks. I haven't commited either way.

I am loving my running, which has been more consistent and fluid. I am loving my dance classes again for the first time in a few months. With a mind that is more clear I have been planning and teaching more creative classes, which I enjoy and my students enjoy. And, I am totally loving yoga classes (and riding or running to the studio) and our irregular acroyoga sessions.

For now, these suit me. I am feeling fitter and stronger and more focused, which is great as I do have some super races lined up for later in the year.

There is the thing of 'missing out' if you don't do this or that. But perhaps we miss out on far more when we try to do all the events that catch our fancy. They'll be there next year and if they aren't, there will be others that are as much fun and challenging.

No comments: