Sunday 9 January 2011

Second day, second friend, second run

So, today's run was going to be at Suikerbosrand, with Tony, after photos with Ben. It was raining - not great for cameras. So I returned home (I wasn't far away when we made the call) and climbed back into bed, after sending Tony a message saying, "Let's run later". What a treat to laze in bed with my book and a cup of tea and to have a second snooze. Lovely.

Tony and I have many things in common. One of them is that we're both nightowls - we like nighttime to work and do things, often going to bed after midnight. We get up early for events, with difficulty; our common preference is to get up only once the sun has warmed the earth. My sms was very well received ;)

A lovely Sunday run with Tony.
Tony and I headed out just before noon, in perfectly overcast and cool conditions. We did a really super neighbourhood run and made it back just as the sun started shining and the humidity picked up. We couldn't have asked for nicer conditions.
Tony, thank you for being my Sunday run buddy. Next time we're hitting your trails.

No comments: